Sunday 18 March 2012

Let the Seventy-fourth Hunger Games begin!

First off, let me just emphasise how goddamn terrifying it is to hand in your résumé to stores. I was so awkward. I didn't want any customers to overhear what I was saying, so I waited til there was no one else left in the shop (which made me look like a bloody shoplifter or something), and then I sort of.. sidled over to the shop assistant and half-asked, half-whispered if they were hiring at the moment. Oh god. I walked out of each shop wanting to punch myself in the face for being such a tool.
Thank god I got that over with. On the bus ride back home, a weight lifted off my chest and I breathed a (tiny) sigh of relief. Now I'll probably end up dying waiting for my phone to ring.

Anyway, this week is a non-teaching week at uni (I think it's actually called a "study week", but who am I kidding? as if any studying is going to occur), so I'm pretty pleased, although I do have an essay due on Friday,  but as you know, that will be a Thursday night job. Sigh. You'd think that knowing I will procrastinate, I would make myself start it earlier. But in fact, because I know that's what I'm going to do, it's almost like that's my timetable/organisation already laid out and I can relax (what kind of a stupid thinking pattern is that?). But basically, none of this uni stuff matters because THE HUNGER GAMES IS COMING OUT IN 3 DAYS. 3 days. 2 sleeps. I'm practically hyperventilating. Cameron and I STILL haven't figured out how we're getting there (MIDNIGHT PREMIERE) or anything like that, but we don't give a shit. We're not even thinking clearly, hahahaha. It's just going to be so exciting. I don't think Cameron realises though, that I'll probably be crying throughout the whole movie. I wish that was an exaggeration but it's not. Plus, the cinema attendants will probably have to drag me by my ankles out of the cinema because I refuse to leave. After it finishes, I'm going to be a mess. And I will probably go and see it again in cinemas at least another half a dozen times. Ahem. Who said that?...

These are going to be my supplies in my bag for the midnight premiere:
  • Tissues (maybe 2 boxes.. or 3.. can't decide)
  • Camera (so I can take 10 photos of each cardboard cut out then cry over the photos later)
  • Phone (to call Chloe whilst weeping hysterically afterwards)
  • iPod (to listen to "Safe and Sound" whilst crying in the car on the way there)
  • Valium (to calm myself down and prevent myself from screaming in anticipation)
  • An apology letter to Cameron (for whimpering next to him and getting snot on his shirt)
I'll think of more later. Maybe I should take 4 boxes of tissues... just in case. If you have any other suggestions, let me know! I need to be equipped with everything before I go in to the most anticipated event of 2012. Okay, maybe that's not exactly correct, but just roll with it. Remember: only 3 days to go!

-ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment