Tuesday 24 January 2012

excusez-moi?

Hey dudes.

Does anybody else wonder where accents and language come from? I mean, the origins of language are easier to trace/explain (I think...), but what about accents? Does it have to do with the types of climate people were in? I don't even know. I'm genuinely curious (although not curious enough to spend 4 years out of my life studying this sort of thing at university, it seems). If anybody has an answer to this (or a theory), let me know!

I mean, why are Canadian accents slightly different than Americans? Same with New Zealand accents and Australian ones. JE NE COMPRENDS PAS. 

In other uninteresting news, I cleaned my room today and my FUCKING BOSSYPANTS BOOK CAME. I haven't started it yet, as I'm forcing myself to pre-read some university stuff (but alas, to no avail quite yet), but I'm so excited to read it. Tina Fey is mah idol.

Ciao for now.

-ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment