Friday 20 January 2012

When it rains, it pours

Disclaimer: Cherish when I am happy or make a happy post, because it is a fleeting occurrence. 

Greetings. Today was great! For many reasons.
Firstly, IT RAINED. Do not adjust your screen. That's right, it rained here in Western Australia. Fuck yeah! I absolutely love rain and cannot stand the heat (good thing you live in Australia Ellen, I hear you say - to which my reply is 'Shut up, smartarse'). And it poured. Naturally, this was the day I decided to catch two buses in to university. I don't care, at least it rained!
Secondly, I got most of my university books second-hand (therefore cheaper!), and only had to buy 2 books brand new. I was so chuffed. What SHOULD have cost about $300 cost me $150. AW YEAH.
Thirdly, I love the smell of books and I have a sniff-fest now (is that creepy? I don't care).
Fourthly, I ran in to one of my best friends on the bus! Which never happens to me. She was the one who gave me a Slytherin scarf for my birthday (I love her).
Fifthly, my friend Cameron met me at uni and we had a nice day laughing our arses off whilst eating Aroma's billion dollar salad.
Sixthly (is that a word?).... I am sitting here with a gin and tonic. That's nothing really significant, but I have a simple mind and am probably a borderline alcoholic.

'Twas a good day. Although it's really hot again outside. I swear to god I belong in the Northern hemisphere.
Ciao for now, lovelies.

-ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment